We are so excited to launch a new series, The TenantBase Tour Guide, for startups and businesses looking to set up shop in our favorite Orange County cities.
First up, Newport Beach, home of our TenantBase headquarters, 10+ miles of gorgeous coastline, and the best tacos in the world (okay, you caught us... we're a little bit biased).
We've created the infographic below for you, but also wanted to share some of our favorite findings from our Newport Beach research and interviews with local business owners.
We caught up with director of local small business Beach Candy Swimwear, Jen Miller to ask her about experience working and living in Newport Beach.
Beach Candy Swimwear has had its home in Newport Beach for six years. Miller's favorite place in Newport Beach is Corona del Mar, where the store is located.
"It's great to work here in Newport Beach because it is a great and very tight knit community," she said. "People in Corona del Mar are very proud to shop local and we are on such a personal level with many of our returning customers. We also love the small businesses around us, a lot of us put on events together."
Miller also enjoys the local beach culture and food and drink venues.
"Rose Bakery Cafe has the best donuts. Everyone from the area goes there! You always see about 50 familiar faces, which is so much fun. As far as beaches, I think that the best beach is right here at Corona del Mar State Beach. It is so beautiful there."
Here are some our staff's best recommendations for Newport Beach as well:
- Mama D’s Italian Kitchen: quoted by Yelp to be “the best Italian restaurant in America!” Family owned restaurant begun by Mama D, who moved here from New York to open her own Italian kitchen.
- The Wedge, a beautiful beach that some call the body surfing capital of the world!
- The Trough: sandwich kitchen that serves high quality sandwiches, fast and casual lunch spot. “California Cowboy” sandwich has rave reviews!
- Pelican Hill: Condé Nast Traveler Magazine ranked this as the “No. 1 Golf Resort in the World.
- Wild Taco: Baja inspired eatery focused on serving the freshest ingredients, wild caught fish and the coldest beer in town. Try the carne asada tacos!